Today, Grand Theft Auto V drops. The world stops. If you were too busy to notice, Rockstar Games, along side the release of the game have also released a number of companion apps:
- The iFruit Mobile Application
- Grand Theft Auto V: The Manual
The manual has a fantastic map viewer. After digging through the source assets of the manual app, I quickly found the map images. From what I can see, there are three different maps.
Using the magic of php and a generous 20 lines of code later, I’ve stitched together the 1024 images that make up each of the base maps into single (huge) image. WARNING: Some of the images are quite large, weighing in at a resolution of 8192×8192 (67,108,864 pixels) and nearly 70MB.
- Download Atlas @ 512×512
- Download Atlas @1024×1024
- Download Atlas @2048×2048
- Download Atlas @4096×4096
- Download Atlas @8192×8192
- Download Roadmap @ 512×512
- Download Roadmap @1024×1024
- Download Roadmap @2048×2048
- Download Roadmap @4096×4096
- Download Roadmap @8192×8192
- Download Satellite @ 512×512
- Download Satellite @ 1024×1024
- Download Satellite @ 2048×2048
- Download Satellite @ 4096×4096
- Download Satellite @ 8192×8192
Stitched images are free of personal/additional watermarks and originally belong to Rockstar Games, a wholly owned subsidiary of Take Two Interactive.
I beat you in time :-)
And only 9 lines of code in C# :-P
haha, good stuff. I hadn’t done any image stitching before and a 32×32 grid seemed easy enough!
There is only so much internet I could search before I decided it was time to just do it myself :P
Hey, I just wanted to extend my gratitude to you for offering these images.
I’ve since turned them each into maps using the google maps api, found here: http://gtavgmap.com/
I’ve got more functionality planned; but this wouldn’t be at all possible without the maps you’ve provided.
So HUGE thank you.
Great job. If only I’d found this before last Sunday, I would have saved myself an entire day’s work painstakingly doing the exact same thing :-(
I’ve a question, how did you take the tiles of the images?
I want to do this but for GTA SA
Unfortunately this is only possible because of the images that were provided in the GTA: V manual – unless something similar exists for GTA: SA (I don’t think it does) it won’t be easy to reproduce.